This weekend has marked a few milestones for our family.
1. Avery had her first softball game. She did pretty well- stood where she was supposed to, hit the ball off the tee and ran the bases. She kept asking when the snack was going to be…
2. Sawyer peed in a port-a-potty for the first time. I wasn’t so sure how he’d react to a giant hole with blue water in it. He did his business and was fine.
3. I worked in the snack bar at the softball fields from 10:30 till after 2. Before getting the new medicine for my narcolepsy I would never be able to do this. But I was able to work for almost 4 hours and drive myself home!
4. Dan and I had our first co-ed softball game of the season. I went up to bat 3 times, didn’t swing once, but made it to first base 3 times, but home only twice. Dan made a home run (not his first), and we won the game!!
5. We went to church on Sunday morning from 10 to 12, and I was awake the whole time! I, seriously, have no idea when the last time that happened. And the message was great too- humility.
6. After church Dan and Avery went to a movie while Sawyer and I just hung out. The movie was from 1 to 3. Sawyer and I went to visit with a friend and then hit up Target. A few weeks ago, I would have had to have gone home for a nap during that time. After the movie we all went to the outlet mall and did a little shopping. Which means…. ta da…
7. I stayed awake ALL DAY LONG. I don’t think that has happened in many, many years. If I force myself to stay awake (by being physically active- walking around Disneyland) I would get a huge headache by 3pm, and be a total grouch and miserable. We didn’t get home till 7:30. I did start to “feel it” and I took a 10 minute nap on the way home- Dan was driving.
So, this is what normal families do! They don’t have to rush home to take a nap to be functional. They can spend all day out and about enjoying each other. So eye opening!
I am so excited for this “new lease on life.” I just hope we can the insurance stuff squared away.