We went on a grand camping trip! We drove to Bishop (hot, I know), then headed up the mountains to Four Jeffries. It wasn’t as hot as Bishop (still hot tho), breezy and cooled down A LOT at night. Since our family has grown we had to buy a new tent- it came the day before we left! It is huge & very orange!
A lot of firsts on this trip;
* first trip in our NEW van!!
* Avery’s first time fishing. She didn’t catch anything, but it was still fun. I don’t see her loving to fish, she is just too loud and talkative and scares the fish away!
* Sawyer’s first time camping. He just loved it- not really. It was too cold at night for him. We had his pack-n-play in the tent, but it got too cold for him, so we strapped in the car seat and wrapped him in blankets to keep him warm. He was up with the sun, but still cold. He wouldn’t let us put gloves on him and wouldn’t keep his hat on. It was tough, he whined and complained till the sun hit us and he warmed up.
He wanted to crawl around and it was very dirty and dusty. We had to let him just get dirty and clean him up before bed. It was an experience, but it all worked out.
* Sawyer’s first birthday was celebrated while camping. We sang to him and he had a scrumptious cupcake (his first).
We also celebrated Jacquie’s, Randy’s & Jared’s birthdays too! It was a party night!
* Avery’s first (real) hike. We hiked up to a lake. It was about 2 miles in and 2 miles back out. She did pretty well. Dan had to carry her a few times. She was excited to have completed it and making it all the way.