San Franciscans do not listen- a few times we were in a situation that proved this point. We were ordering lunch;
Dan: Can I replace the french fries for mashed potatoes?
Woman: OK, extra order of mashed potatoes. (She is punching into the machine)
Dan: No, no can I REPLACE the fries for the mashed potatoes?
Woman: Ahhh, yes, OK!
Dan: Thank you!
We were in a Chachki Store;
Dan: How much is a bottle of water?
Man: Which one? (reaching into cooler)
Dan: The large one…
Man: Ok, two bottles of water- $2.50 each…
Dan: Actually we only want one…
Man: Oh, I see…
I am not sure if the people we ran into did not speak English very well, or if they were is just a big hurry! Who knows- but we made them slow down & LISTEN!
There are A LOT of homeless people in San Francisco…
We were surprised as to how many homeless people there were. San Francisco is SO large that you would think there would be places for them to go, get help and so on- but I guess you need to want the help the actually receive it!
* We saw only one grocery store! Where do these people shop?
* Public transportation rocks! It was a bit expensive but it was clean, there were people to ask which way to go, it was laid out well, there were maps everywhere…
* The streets were clean. There were trash cans at just about every corner! There was hardly any trash at all!
* The stop lights were fast. When the light turned from yellow to red, the walk sign turned to tell pedestrians to walk. There was no lapse time.
* Drivers LOVE to honk. The honkers, we decided, were all locals, and the people being honked at were tourists! The tourists like to watch what’s going on and look at the stores and stuff, while the locals have a place to go- so get out of there way! The locals have NO patience and love to honk at the tourists who aren’t paying attention- just like in the stores- the tourists want to waste time and look at everything while the locals want to buy there stuff and get out!